Article 1 Organization Name
Section 1. The name of this organization shall be the Brewer Boosters Club, Inc.
Article 2 Objectives
Section 1. To promote students cooperation and community awareness in all athletics associated with Brewer High School.
Section 2. To recognize worthy accomplishments of participants in all athletic events.
Section 3. To generate financial support within the community for all sanctioned sports teams at Brewer High School.
Section 4. The need for funds shall be submitted by the coaches to the Athletic Director. The Athletic Director will prioritize a list of needed items and submit it to the club.
Section 5. The club shall have all rights, privileges and obligations given to it by the laws of the State of Maine.
Article 3 Membership
Section 1. General membership is open to all persons wishing to promote athletics at Brewer High School.
Section 2. In order to define the membership annual dues will be assessed in the amount determined by the current officers.
Section 3. Individuals will become active voting members upon payment of dues. Membership dues will be waived in subsequent years if a member has worked at six events. Active members must be present to vote.
Section 4. Regular meetings will be held. Attendance at a meeting constitutes .5 of an event.
Section 5. An annual meeting will be held during the spring of each year at which time a slate of officers will be presented and elected. Fourteen days prior notice of the annual meeting will be given to the active membership.
Section 6. Active members will earn free admission to home athletic events upon completion of six events. This privilege remains in effect until the end of the following school year.
Article 4 Officers
Section 1. The officers of this club shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Chairperson elected from the membership for a term of one (1) year.
Section 2. The club shall identify the officers.
Section 3. Any officer failing to perform his/her duties may be voted out of office by a majority vote of the active members voting at a stated meeting.
Article 5 Duties of Officers and Committee Chairperson
Section 1. The President:
- Shall call and preside at all meetings of the club.
- Shall call special meetings when necessary.
- Shall have the authority to pay bills in the absence of the Treasurer.
- Shall have the authority to sign in the name of the club.
- Shall appoint such chairpersons as deemed necessary.
- Shall appoint other officers in the event they cannot complete their term.
Section 2. The Vice-President:
- Shall preside at all meetings in the absence of the President.
- Shall assume the position of the President if a vacancy occurs.
- Shall keep an updated inventory of all physical assets of the club.
Section 3. The Secretary:
- Shall keep a written record of all meetings.
- Shall read the record when requested.
- Shall carry on all correspondence except billing dealing with the affairs of the organization.
Section 4. The Treasurer:
- Shall collect all money due the organization.
- Shall keep a record of receipts and expenditures.
- Shall handle all payments and billing.
- Shall report the financial state of the club when requested.
- Shall give such bond as the club may require. The bond shall be paid for by the club.
- The Treasurer shall present the financial records to an independent person to be audited once each year prior to the election of new officers.
Section 5. The Membership Chairperson:
- Shall keep a record of the active members.
- Maintain record of active members and eligibility for athletic passes.
Section 6. The Coaches Liaison shall be the Athletic Director or someone appointed to that position.
Article 6 Election of Officers
Section 1. Election of Officers shall take place at the annual meeting.
Section 2. The nomination committee shall be appointed by the President.
Section 3. The nomination committee will present a proposed slate of officers for the meeting outlined in Section 1. Nominations may be accepted from the floor.
Section 4. Elections shall be by ballot and shall be determined by a majority of active members that are present.
Section 5. there is no term limit for elected officers.
Article 7 Amendments
Section 1. Amendments may be proposed by any active member or by any committee of the club.
Section 2. Amendments will be adopted by a vote of two-thirds of the active members present and voting.
Section 3. Amendments shall be presented at one meeting and voted on at the next meeting.
Article 8 General Provisions
Section 1. The Brewer Boosters Club, Inc. shall in no way attempt to interfere with the policy making powers of the School Administration or coaching Staff or any community organization.
Section 2. Meetings may be called by any officer or the Coaches Liaison.
Section 3. Quorum: A quorum shall by a majority of active members present and voting at regular or special meetings.
Section 4. In the event of dissolution of the club, the remaining funds will be paid to the Brewer High School Athletic Department for use a determined by the Athletic Director.
Section 5. The operation of the club shall be governed first by the Bylaws and Articles of the club, so long as they are not superseded by the State Statue or by Robert’s Rules of Order.
Section 6. All equipment purchases must be approved by a majority of the active members present at a meeting. Any purchases over $500.00 must be presented at one meeting and voted on at the next meeting.
Section 7. In emergency situations between meetings or during the summer months, the officers can authorize spending on a project that totals no more than $500.00. In the event that a larger purchase is required, a special meeting shall be called and the project approved by a majority of the active members present.
Section 8. Awards:
- The Brewer Boosters Club, Inc. shall authorize a sum of money as determined by the active membership for awards or end of the season function per varsity team.
- Awards will be defined as items or an item that, when presented to a group of athletes or an individual athlete, points out sportsmanship, leadership or excellence.
- In special cases, additional awards, shall be authorized by a majority vote of the active membership present and voting when a motion is brought to the floor.
- The Brewer Boosters Club, Inc. shall assist coaches and parents during banquets by providing paper goods and coffee.
- Monies will not be considered transferable from one team to another.