- Mishandling of your Laptop could result in your losing it!
- The Laptop is fun to use, but it is not a toy! Remember that it is a computer and must be handled with care.
- The Laptop belongs to the Maine Department of Education. They are on loan to you to use as a tool for learning.
- The case should always be used when transporting the laptop outside of your classroom. The case may be used inside your backpack as well as carried independently. Normal precautions should be taken at all times. Even in the case, you should never place a lot of weight.
- To properly put the Laptop in the case, please make sure there is nothing else in the case. The laptop and charger are the only two things that should be in the case. The laptop should be in the center(zipped) part of the case and the charger in the outside(zipped) part of the case.
- Protect the computer from the weather.
- Protect it from heat or cold. Don’t leave your computer in a car overnight, near a heat source, etc.
- Do not eat or drink near where you are using the computer.
- Computers should not be used in cafeterias, at dinner tables, etc while food/drink are present.
- Close the computer carefully – from the center of the screen – do not slam it shut!
- Use the Laptop on a flat stable surface …….. if it falls it may break! Do not use the laptop in your lap. The laptop should be on a flat smooth surface in order to maintain air flow around the bottom case. Placing the laptop on a pillow or on your bed will cause the Laptop to overheat.
- Do not insert things into openings (ports) of the Laptop.
- Be patient. Sometimes computers require time to do their job.
- If/when you take the Laptop home for assignments, be sure it is recharged for the next school day. Never charge the Laptop while it is in the case. The MacBook should be in a ventilated space while charging.
- For your own health, when using the computer, it should be kept at least 18 inches from your eyes and the screen should be at a lower level than your eyes.
- You MAY NOT mark the computer in any way with markers, stickers etc.
- Wipe the surfaces lightly with a clean soft cloth.
- Do not use water or other cleaning solutions on the MacBook.
- To keep the screen clean, do not touch it with your fingers.
- When charging cable needs to be connected, be sure to line it up correctly when inserting and removing.
- If the battery is not charging, do not wiggle the power cord. Try removing it and fully reinserting it.
- Be careful not to jerk the Laptop around when cables are attached.
- Never charge the Laptop while it is in the case. The laptop should be in a ventilated space while charging.