What is School Health?
- a healthful environment,
- nursing and other health services that students need to stay in school,
- nutritious and appealing school meals,
- opportunities for physical activity that include physical education,
- health education that covers a range of developmentally appropriate topics taught by knowledgeable teachers, and
- counseling, psychological and social services that promote healthy social and emotional development and remove barriers to students’ learning.
- Kidshealth Teens and Parents
- Maine Youth Suicide Prevention
- Partnership at Drugfree.org
- Eating Disorders Prevention and Treatment in Maine
All information on Health Links is for informational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your healthcare provider.
School Medication Policy
In order for prescribed and/or over-the-counter medications, including asthma inhalers and epipens to be given during school hours, written permission from the healthcare provider and the parent/guardian is required. Medication permission forms are available from the school nurse or may be downloaded below.